The Town Clerk's Office supports the town council; is a resource for voter registrations and oversees elections; handles land, birth, marriage, and death records, as well as probate and municipal courts; and also handles Open Records requests.
- Erin Vaughan, Deputy Town Clerk
- (401) 333-8453 (Clerks)
- (401) 333-1140 (Canvassers)
At our office you can:
- Register to Vote
- Obtain an Absentee Ballot
- Obtain Voter ID Card
- Arrange educational programs about the election process
Land Records (All Records are Public)
Obtain copies of:
- Mortgages and Discharges
- Plat Records
- Condominium Records
- Plat Restrictions
- Marriage Licenses
- Dog Licenses - Renew on April 1st
- Business Licenses - Sunday Sales, Alcoholic Beverages, Victualling (Food License)
- Fishing and Hunting Licenses
You may obtain copies of Marriage and Death records at our office IF...
- You were a resident of the Town when the event happened...OR...
- The event happened in the Town
You may obtain copies of Birth records from 1895-1959 IF
- You were a resident of the Town when the birth happened...OR...
- The birth happened in the Town
You may obtain copies of Birth records from 1960 to the present if the birth took place in Rhode Island.
Note: Vital Records are NOT OPEN to the public.
Probate (All Records are Public)
- Information on Estates
- Changes of Name
- Wills for Registry
- Arrange Town Hall Tours
- File Military Discharges